2014 john a. gorman Statement of Intent
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
Please go see the content on Source.
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I, john a. gorman, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for the Dallas Makerspace for the year 2014.
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to:
- Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas MakerSpace Rules and Policies.
If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas MakerSpace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
Nominated by: Benjamin Groves
2013 was a fantastic year for our Space. See -> 2013 Recap of Dallas MakerSpace
One of the most startling successes is our growth. From ~100 members in January 2013 to over 320 members as of Feb 2014. One of the reasons for that growth is the fantastic community we have of Makers (People who generously donate their time, expertise, tools, & $, and are pretty cool), and the culture developed in the early days of the Space.
My interest in serving the MakerSpace is to repay our community for helping me learn new skills, enabling me to create fun and useful (& useless) things, and for the many Mentors & friends I have found here. I believe this is best done by:
- helping integrate the wonderful new members into our culture, and growing it from their influence
- developing a new space that fosters that spirit with organic gathering places, learning spaces, and working areas
- empowering all members to contribute & recognizing those contributions
Cheers - john.