2015 Statement of Intent Krissy Heishman
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
Please go see the content on Source.
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I, Krissy Heishman, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for the Dallas Makerspace for the year 2015.
My goals for 2015 are:
- Promote outreach, STEM education, and helping get related grants.
- Help coordinate regular workshops in general (not teach, but help members get started teaching classes).
- Coordinate with local museums, colleges, and NPO's to organize cooperative events.
- Help new and budding makerspaces, in Texas and beyond, to get their feet off the ground.
- Have a public forum where makers list their projects, so new members/makers can contact them and perhaps help/learn/contribute (similar to how research is done at universities).
- Hang all the whiteboards (because there are like 10 now) and throw out any of the warped small ones on casters.
- Label all the things.
- Bring back yo-yo's and hypercolor.
- Make long lists.
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to:
- Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies.
- Approach every situation logically and with the best interest of the Dallas Makerspace in mind, ignoring personal feelings for any parties involved.
If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
Nominated by: Brandon Dunson