2018 Statement of Intent David Kessinger
This serves as formal notification that I, David K Kessinger, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for Dallas Makerspace for the 2018-2019 term.
My goals for 2018 are:
- Expansion: Suite 102 next door is now available, which I favor leasing for expansion at this time pending the BoD discussion on 3-22-2018.
- Transparency: Continue to be available to all members to discuss issues concerning the DMS or before the BoD.
- Finances: Continue the process of getting our financial accounting systems accurate and have a certified audit performed.
- Committees: Continue to strongly support committees and committee chairs. Chairs and committees are what make or break the Makerspace.
- Ownership: Continue strongly encouraging member involvement: committees and teaching – these strengthen member's sense of community and ownership of what members want from DMS.
- Making Makers: Continue supporting members in being Makers; staying active in committees.
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to diligently execute the duties and functions as a member of the Board of Directors. Those duties include, but are not limited to:
- Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings. Have attended all meetings during this term.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies.
If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on the Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the Corporate Charter, Bylaws, Rules, and applicable government laws and regulations.
/s/ David Kessinger 3-16-2018 delivered to Robert Davidson on this date.
Nominated by: M. Blatz, Zach Metzinger, Bill Gee, Chrissy Cooper, Matt Busby, Tim Bene, Patrick Mulry, Nick Silva, Rich Meyer, Chris Wischkowsky, Raymond Jett, Art Givens, Chris Marlow, Ebony Jackson, Nicole Franczvai, Scott Westerman, Jay Phelps, Mark Reynolds, Bob Karnaugh, Chris Pattison