2019 Statement of Intent Adnan Chahbandar
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
Please go see the content on Source.
This letter is to serve as formal notification that I, Adnan Chahbandar, am officially submitting my name to run for election to the Board of Directors for the Dallas Makerspace for the year 2019.
My goals for this year are:
- Ensure the expansion happens in a timely and equitable fashion while respecting our finances
- Encourage a marketing and branding campaign that does not only help DMS grow, but empowers our teachers and helps them be the most successful they can. Our teachers are our backbone.
- Work alongside my fellow board members to facilitate a community of vibrant and successful makers.
- Continue to make communication a priority within the roles of DMS leadership as well as establish a code of conduct for the Board.
- Continue to empower members to make Dallas Makerspace a community that functions transparently and with fiscal responsibility to the furthest extent possible. We have the chance with expansion to make more of ourselves than we ever have before and we must take this opportunity to grow and excel.
- Continue to foster a community focused on not only individual, but communal growth while promoting greater interaction within different Committees in Dallas Makerspace.
- Actively recruit new teachers to keep teacher burnout at a minimum.
- Begin outreach programs to extend our influence to the broader public.
- Continue to be a maker who inspires other makers to make while serving on the Board of Directors.
- Help create the most amazing makerspace the world has ever seen
I believe we are facing a crucial time in Dallas Makerspace’s History. Expansion is a time that demands not only we work intelligently, but more importantly, together.
I have a B.B.A. in International Finance and am currently a Data Scientist for Musicbed. I worked for years as a Physics and Calculus teacher focused on bringing STEM/STEAM education to schools here and abroad. I have managed a team of MIT interns and created a technological center of learning in North Africa. At the space I am the Digital Media Chair and a Procurement Officer. I teach Photography/Video classes, Fusion 360, Python Basics, and a variety of other software development courses. I have been active across many committees and have had the privilege to grow alongside many of my fellow makers.
As part of this Letter of Intent, I also agree to the duties and functions expected of me in this position that include, but are not limited to: Making every effort to attend the annual meeting(s) and regular meetings. Perform the duties and responsibilities of Director as outlined in the Dallas Makerspace Bylaws as well as the Dallas Makerspace Rules and Policies. If elected, I am fully aware and understand the importance of my full participation as a productive and effective leader during my tenure on Dallas Makerspace Board of Directors, and I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.
/S Adnan Chahbandar
Nominated by Kris Anderson, Musashi Simpson, Bill Scott, Lynsey Ditmore, Josh Melnick, Andrew Barroso