2020 Statement of Intent Julie Harris
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
Please go see the content on Source.
This is to serve as formal notice of my intent to run for reelection to the board of directors for Dallas Makerspace. I am Julie-Harris on Talk. It was an honor to serve for the past year with the director and officer team.
I have been a member of Dallas Makerspace since 2016. Currently, I am self-employed, working as a fractional controller and consultant for several local clients. I have more than fifteen years of experience in accounting that includes a mix of public and private accounting. I have extensive experience cleaning up financials, increasing department efficiency, developing policies and procedures, managing expense reports and credit cards.
Our accomplishments include:
- Establishment of a management structure to separate the board from day to day operations and increase accountability
- Implementation of office hours in addition to posting on Talk and Discord in order to communicate with the entire membership
- Recovery from negative cash flow - as a result the Makerspace is in a good position to survive the current challenges of COVID-19
My goals for 2020 are:
- Decrease reliance on volunteers for critical business functions such as IT and accounting
- Continue to support expansion
- Support PR and fundraising efforts
- Improve communication with chairs
- Respond to challenges presented by COVID-19
- Support community at Dallas Makerspace
Nominated by: Erik Smith, Ken Purcell, Patrick Thompson “Julie isn’t terrible”, M. Blatz, Freddy Calvert, Jeff Ray