2021 Statement of Intent - Julie Harris
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
Please go see the content on Source.
My name is Julie Harris, Julie-Harris on Talk, and this is formal notice of my intent to run for reelection to the board of directors for Dallas Makerspace. I have been a member of Dallas Makerspace since 2016 and I served on the board for the past two terms.
Currently, I am self-employed, working as a fractional controller and consultant for several local clients. I have more than fifteen years of experience in accounting that includes a mix of public and private accounting. I have extensive experience cleaning up financials, increasing department efficiency, developing policies and procedures, managing expense reports and credit cards.
Accomplishments over the past two terms include:
- Recovery from negative cash flow and improved cash management. As a result, Dallas Makerspace is in a strong position to not only survive the pandemic but to also complete the expansion despite a significant decrease in revenue due to COVID-19.
- Effectively responding to challenges presented by COVID-19 over the past year resulting in a successful reopening
- Increased professionalism and efficiency of board meetings
- Establishment of a management structure to separate the board from day to day operations and increase accountability
Goals for the next term:
- Recruit new members
- Continue to support expansion
- Improved communication of volunteer tasks and recognition of volunteers
- Improved onboarding for new members
- Support PR and fundraising efforts
Endorsements: Curt Baker, Justin Walker, James Henningson