AV STUDIO MEETING 20140915
AV Studio Meeting Agenda 9/15/2014
AV Studio goals
- Design and maintain an efficient system for completing video and audio projects.
- Maintain and provide content for the DMS YouTube channel.
- Work with the DMS's PR Committee to create videos documenting projects, events, and classes at the space.
- Educate DMS members and the public in AV related topics
- Equipment locker
- New point-and-shoot cameras in locker from donation shelf
- YouTube channel:
- Incentive may be available for YouTube videos in future
- Waiting on YouTube “template” package - David S.
- Release form
- Available on Wiki
- Available in locker labeled “model releases”
- Use it!
- License of CC on DMS computer is an educational license
- Ops handling “computer lab”
- Haley added $50 to AV fund from honorarium
- Wiki Category created
- BOD approved purchase of blankets for walls
- BOD declined purchase of scissor clamps for ceiling
Current video projects
- Dremel night edit complete - release pending finalization of YouTube graphics
- New member vids - Moore and LeCody writing
- Wants to do 2 vids:
- Orientation vid
- “Be Excellent” video
- Wants to do 2 vids:
- VFX series - David S.
- James suggests color correction
- Do as much as possible away from computer; this opens to people who don’t have After Effects access
- How to shoot with your phone workshop - David
- How to film a class workshop - David
- Build a phone/camera rig workshop (postponed) - David
- 3D for animation - James Moffit, (May be delayed b/c of James’s workload)
- James may break into series
- Making Awesome Voices - Josh
- Writing Your Tutorial Video - Haley
- Need someone to lead filming/keeping track of classes - Table item
- Post meetup about upcoming class - David S.
- Add credits to Dremel vid - David S.
- Add donated cameras to equipment list - David S.
- Figure out needed equipment/cables
- Approach Adobe for more licenses if computer lab congeals - Table item pending "computer lab"
- Investigate for discounts, educational licenses
- Hang blankets when they come in - David S.
- Add button hole to moving blankets - Haley M.
- Investigate live streaming class topics - Richard H.
- Schedule Meta Bus meeting - Tuesday, Sept. 23 - DONE
- Complete YouTube bumpers - David S.