Ceramics Committee Meeting 20220510
Ceramics Committee Meeting 20220405
2022-05-10 6:30 PM, DMS North Lobby class room
(US) +1 385-393-5087 PIN: 234 411 826#
Call to order: 6:30PM
Present: Monika, Kendra, Annette, Freddy C, John F
Item 1: Thank you Kendra for taking on the Vice Chair role
Item 2: Additional space and ideas for reorganization of our current space to make room to move the kilns.
- Vents are completed and should be operational
- John F will move the vent from the right side to the far left so we can use the wall for kiln furniture shelving.
- We will need to confirm the required distance from the panel that runs the vents and ensure that any kiln placed there is run the required distance away.
- Kendra and Monika will create a more legible floor plan for presentation to the board next week, if timing works.
- Group conducted an official vote for requesting more space from the board for the kiln move. 3 votes for yes and 2 abstains. Vote passes.
Item 3: Ceramics Budget and new cabinets/shelving needs for reorganization
- Monika has reached out to Finance to validate the glaze funds; awaiting reply
Item 4: Axner shelf
- Will hold off on any additional shelves until we complete our move and repair kilns.
Item 5: Better Signage for the sink, in progress shelves (labels, bats max of 2 weeks, only greenware, tape usage)
- Freddy has purchased an alarm that will sound if GFCI is tripped. This will help folks know if the GFCI is the issue.
- Monika will work on signage
Item 6: Star system (marking 30 days)
- Kendra suggested writing the date on each piece as a way of identifying when it was put on the shelf or creating sections on the shelves that are dated.
- Annette suggested a certain colored star for the month, items with that color are removed 30 days after that month ends.
- We will try the colored star for the month to see if that will begin to get things moved off shelves faster.
Item 7: Clay and Coffee set for 5/29 - it will be a dip event
Item 8: Kiln elements still on order
- Suggest we order 1027 as well to have on hand for when needed, there is up to a 3 month backlog for elements
- Group agreed with ordering
Item 9: Establishing a Committee cleaning day, Kiln furniture maintenance day, or?
- Monika will put a Cleaning day and a kiln furniture maintenance day on the calendar for June
Meeting Adjourned approx. 7:00PM