Printmaking Committee Meeting 20210225

From Dallas Makerspace
Jump to: navigation, search


Meeting starts Thursday February 25 at 7:00 pm

Printmaking Chair: Lisa Gabriel

February meeting held virtual on Google Meets.

Virtual Attendees:

Paul Wilson

Astrud Aguirre

Darren Trizzino

Katelyn Smith

Tim Black (Captain)

Physical Attendees:

Lisa Gabriel

The chair reviewed old business and the list below to determine if any changes have been made. Updates to list as noted below.

1). Paul has an AMD Phenom 6100 CPU based system with 8gigs RAM, 250Gb SSD drive, & Wacom Bamboo Drawing Tablet he is installing currently in Printmaking, ONGOING

° computer specs were corrected, per Paul Wilson request to last months meeting notes

° currently waiting for DMS computer people to install Windows and Adobe CC

2). Money Collection Box, collection box to pay for the use of supplies, $40

• Brief discussion about the type of box needed, Chair was not sure of what kind to purchase, see link below

3). Software brushes for Illustrator to make screen printing artwork.

• We will hold off on purchasing brushes until we are sure Adobe CC can be installed on Printmaking computer.


The Chair will request DMS equipment labels from Infrastructure to label the new printer and storage cabinet.

Paul Wilson is donating a WACOM Bamboo Tablet to Printmaking.

The Printmaking committee declined the donation of a 4 screen silk screener, heater and a few other items because we already have those items in our area. A recommendation was made to refer the donor to Acme Labs to see if they want the equipment.

Lisa Gabriel presented the start of a Printmaking Video Tutorial List, this document is the start of a list of video tutorials that Printmaking will make available to members to watch for training or inspiration. The document is loaded on the FlyingPrintMonkeys Google site and is shared with members to add their video favorites to. Eventually, once the list is complete the Chair will make available to members on the WIKI page.

Lisa Gabriel presented a document created by Darran Trazzino of a compilation of all the classes taught by members since 2017. We are trying to create a document to refer to as a manual of Printmaking curriculum for new teachers who would like to teach in the Printmaking area. This document is shared with Paul, Astrud, Rose and myself only. We would like to keep it confidential for now.

Lisa Gabriel presented the purchase list of brand new screen printing supplies donated by GSG. This deal was negotiated by Tom Cochron who would eventually like to use these supplies to teach screen printing classes.

Creative Arts is donating some 3/4 MDF and Astrud is accepting the donation.


Katelyn Smith and Tim Black would like to experiment with paper marbling. They are assessing some supplies donated to Printmaking by an unknown person a while ago. They would like to setup on the large table with wheels next to the sink to attempt their experiments.

Paul Wilson is working on building a Screen Printing Vacuum Table Cart for multi-color registration poster printing. The cart should allow for a 24 x 30 inch poster to be printed in register.

Meeting adjourned 8:15pm