Digital Media Committee Meeting 20150913
DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
Please go see the content on Source.
Digital Media Committee Meeting 9/13/2015
Natasha Cooks is stepping down as Digital Media chair. Jay Johnson will be committee chair of Digital Media pending board approval.
- DM verbally engaged attendees, showed room, showed some projects
- Sony RX10 camera was not used, but displayed.
- First impression is important with new iteration of committee
- Short term goals:
- Get initial courses on calendar
- Get some introductory media
- Adrian shot tour video footage, located in the "adriancooks". Directory.
- Darryl was getting footage during open house
- New 'Workhorse' machine immediate priority
- Alex bought high speed SD card for video. Card is in Sony RX10 camera now.
- Camera with firmware update can do higher speed video.
- No deep freeze desired on pc at this time
- Do we have server available currently for network rendering?
- Chuck to call Robert to see if we can have servers for this
- Jay would like 5 servers for rendering.
- Chuck says Sony RX10 is not allowed to leave space under current rules
- Lights needed. Only lighting is currently 2 softboxes on loan from Ken Purcell.
- Idea kicked around of overtaking conference room as control room. This would be a big request. No action at this time.
- Lighting for DM studio room:
- Chuck can handle moving drop ceiling lights, adding switch, etc
- Tom suggests florescent lighting diffusion from Costco to soften for editing purposes
- Chuck recommends getting small core of people together to cover events/make videos for the makerspace
- Should we reach out to PR?
- YouTube is a marketing/PR opportunity
- Should we have YouTube manager?
- Jay suggests having other committees film their events and we provide editing services
- Man power (volunteer) required for editing event vids
- Jay wants to put teaching priority on editing
- Mitch suggests filming existing DMS classes
- Class suggestions:
- How to contribute to YouTube class
- How to shoot video with your dslr
- How to use camera class - Mitch has experience
- Need more time to smooth out this transition
- Jay to work on transferring Google hangouts information for continuing meetings
- Hope to have our own presence under DallasMakerspace.org instead of wiki