DMS Wiki is being migrated to source.dallasmakerspace.org
Please go see the content on Source.
Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
The Digital Media Committee's responsibilities are to:
- Maintain the order, organization, safety, cleanliness, and utility of the digital media room and equipment.
- Areas of interest include Audio, Photography, Video, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and 3D modeling.
- Provides the means for you to create your own content.
Digital Media Room Policies
Reserving the Digital Media Space
The Digital Media Committee thanks you in advance for keeping the space clean and usable for all Dallas Makerspace members.
- Accidents are not purposeful not reporting them is, Be sure to report any accidental damage to committee chair.
- Please ensure that the room is put back in place before you leave. Always leave the Digital Media Room in the same or better condition as you left it.
Digital Media Workstation Policies
- Please inform the Digital Committee Chair if any of the equipment is in disrepair.
- DO NOT move the Digital Media workstation from media room.
- The Digital Media Workstation accessories do not leave the workstation table.
- Keep the workstation and accessories in good condition. Clean if necessary.
- Due of the equipment expense, any negligence may lead to temporary suspension.
- DO NOT REMOVE ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT FROM DIGITAL MEDIA. THIS INCLUDES CABLES, ADAPTERS, SD CARDS, AND ALL OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES. NOT FOLLOWING THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN A BAN FROM DIGITAL MEDIA.
DMS Owned Cameras and Camera Accessories
- Should always be returned back to Digital Media
- Camera may only be used on the DMS Premises
- Camera CANNOT be used in woodshop unless properly covered with a plastic bag\
- DJI Osmo Handheld
- Light Reflector Kit including Silver, Gold, White reflector sheet and diffuse sheet.
Chair - John Galik @jcgalik
Member - Daisy Pardo
- Kee Fedak
- Daniel Hawn
- Coulson Mullen
- Julio Nieto
- Alex Espinoza
- Kat Dell - @foreverkat
- Jay Johnson
- Chuck Graf
- David Smart
- Mitch Cerroni
- Adam Oas
- Abel Ramirez II
- Haley Moore
- Ken Purcell
- Robert Alexander
- Krissy Heishman
- Nick McCarthy
- Joshua McDonald
- Tom Thomas
- Heather Williamee
- Travis Zinger
- Corbin Perkins
- Julianna Perkins
- Dwight Spencer
- Allan Gaskamp
- Eric Chaney
- Lisa Selk
- Cindy LHK
- Paul Mai
- Kilo Dean
- Shelby Liu
- Hannah Button
- Haylee Button
- Gilbert Vasquez
- James "Jaret" Kojac
How To Join
- Add your name to the "Members" section of this wiki page.
- Digital Media Committee discussions are held via talk:
Special Interest Groups
Meetings are the last Tuesday of every month @7pm
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are groups of people who are interested in a topic which is a subset of the committee. In the past many SIGs have become their own committee once the community and group framework is sufficiently built. A leader is chosen from the group, and that person will act as a representative of the group in committee meetings and will lead SIG meetings. In Creative Arts, SIGs must meet at least quarterly and take minutes, which will be uploaded to the SIG's Wiki page. Minutes are to include attendance, a list of voted items as well as the vote outcome (including yay/nay/abstaining numbers), and a monthly purchase report.
The current SIGs in Digital Media are as follows:
- Performing Arts- SIG Leader Soni McKnight
Meetings are the last Tuesday of the month @7pm
Digital Media Committee Meeting 20190831
Digital Media Committee Meeting 20190519
Digital Media Committee Meeting 20180427
All pages related to the Digital Media Committee.
To add a page to this category, paste the following at the bottom of the page:
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Digital Media"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Dallas MakerCast
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20150913
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20190727
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20190831
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20190927
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20191025
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20191129
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20191227
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20200127
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20201219
- Digital Media Committee Meeting 20210109