Category:Jewelry/Small Metals Committee
Committees are voluntary groups, formed by members in order to achieve certain goals.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson. See Rules and Policies#Committees for more information.
The Dallas Makerspace Jewelry Studio offers a large assortment of tools and equipment for a wide variety of jewelry making techniques. Many disciplines such as basic fabrication, enameling, wire wrapping, chasing, chainmail, metal clay and lost wax casting in bronze, silver, and gold are done here. Using our 3D resin printer and our casting machines, end-to-end production can all be achieved at DMS. A general safety orientation is required, and committee meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month if you would like to get more involved.
- Maintain the order, organization, safety, cleanliness, and utility of the jewelry and small metals tools.
- Establish safety guidelines for use of tools and equipment.
- Create necessary training materials and certifications that allow makers to effectively and safely use the various pieces of equipment.
- Johnny Bluejacket
- Joseph Lahoud (Chair)
- Chris Marlow
- Darren R.
- John Stanger
- Hannah Pickett
- Sue Rogers
- John Kuhlenschmidt
- Steven Miles
How to Join
- Attend monthly Jewelry committee meeting
- Attend area orientation and safety training
- Email Joseph at [email protected] for more information
Safety & Training Information
- Department orientation is required for anyone using department resources. Check the Upcoming Classes and Events page tor the next available class.
- Training is required for all equipment as designated on the DMS Tool page and or otherwise designated by physical markings.
- Mind the posted rules and or other posted information.
- Members interested in working in Jewelry should review this Health and Safety in Metal Jewelry: Overview
- Safety concerns should be reported to the Department Chairman, Vice Chair, designated safety officer, a DMS Board member immediately, or on the TALK Forums
- Safety is a choice we make. If you see someone doing anything that you believe may be unsafe, speak up and say something.
Tools Available in the Jewelry Studio
See DMS Tools page
Most consumables have a modest fee that is posted in the committee area. Please consider making a small contribution for any consumables that aren't specifically priced.
- Castable wax resin: 16 cents per gram, including all supports and failed prints
- Single flask of investment for Blue caster: $5
- 2-part RTV Silicone molding compound:
- 3/4" thick 3" tall pour: $8
- 3/4" thick 5-3/4" tall pour: $15
- 1" thick 3" tall pour: $11
If you need to pay for a consumable or you'd like to make a donation, you can pay at this PayPal link or scan the QR code below.
Pages in category "Jewelry/Small Metals Committee"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20200112
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20201110
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20201215
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20210309
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20210511
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20210921
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20220208
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20220308
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20220913
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20221213
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20230213
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20230314
- Jewelry Committee Meeting 20230711
- JSM Committee Meeting 20180221
- JSM Committee Meeting 20180529
- JSM Committee Meeting 20180711
- JSM Committee Meeting 20180815
- JSM Committee Meeting 20180918
- JSM Committee Meeting 20181009
- JSM Committee Meeting 20181113
- JSM Committee Meeting 20181211
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190108
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190212
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190312
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190409
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190514
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190611
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190709
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190813
- JSM Committee Meeting 20190910
- JSM Committee Meeting 20200114
- JSM Committee Meeting 20200211
- JSM Committee Meeting 20200310
- JSM Committee Meeting 20200714